Thursday, July 27, 2006

We are very close to Taiwan........

Wow...... I couldn't imagine that not more than 1 week, next tuesday we will go to Taiwan for the 6th Asia Pacific Harmonica Festival and Competitions.... I have been very busy on preparing all the things that need to bring before I leave here..... That's why I didn't update my blog very frequence......

I heard that, this coming festival got a lot of people take part in competitions as well as visitor.... last time in Hong Kong 2004 is around 1300 to 1500 people all together. But this time, the organizer guess that will have 2000 to 2500 people coming for this festival..... is so many people.......

I have 3 video file that took in the 6th National Harmonica competitons in YMCA. That is the open ceremory performance..... Thanks to Penang harmonica friends that provide me this video file...... and I can share to everybody who don't have chance to come to the event....

The first video is I am playing Chromatic harmonica...... I will explain more in the future about all type of harmonica.... and now just let you have some idea about Chromatic harmonica..... The song that i played was composed by George Gerhswin. He was a great piano player and he composed a lot of great work such as "Rhapsody in Blue" , "I got Rhythm" , "Summer Time" and so on...... The song that I played is his greatest work as well, call "An American In Paris" it is an orchestra work and I re - arrange it into Jazz band work to play it...... I love this song very very much.... I hope you enjoy it also.....




The second song that I play is a country pop song. "Cotton Eye Joe" this is also a very nice piece that can show harmonica can play a lot of variety song.I use diatonic harmonica to play this song.... The new suzuki diatonic harmonica Pure Harp and Fire harp is so excellent and airtight.I counldn't imagine a wood harp can be so powerfull and the tone is amazing..... When you play it, you can easily doing any technicque on it and you alwasy have your full control on this Suzuki diatonic harp... I have re - arrange the song into disco dance style, very energytic and powerfull.....



The last video is my partner and I playing "Two Guitars" this is a very nice pieces and it played by the world greatest trio in Israel.... Their group name is Adler Trio.... You can see it there is 3 differnt harmonica together. There is a Bass harmonica, Chord harmonica and myslef is a chromatic harmonica. The one who play Bass harmonica is Mr. Oscar Tan, very talented harmonica player, the one who play chord harmonica also very good player, Mr. Patrick Koh.... We use to perform around Malaysia and evnet oversea like China and Singapore.....Last time they went to Japan also, unfortunetely I can not go with them......but this time they can not go to Taiwan.... hai...... all is because of "Working" hhahahaha..... hope you enjoy it....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://eekshop.com
The greatest tip all of them are rrs going to be for more information on have enjoyable. Make certain to learn more about full - blown your biography information honestly and you'll have a good solution successful both to and from meeting best of the best Asian woman as well as for you personally.