Sunday, July 16, 2006

Singapore Mr.Yew Hong Jen concert

On 30th on June, I went to Singapore to watched Mr. Yew Hong Jen harmonica concert... why I do so??? is because when I started playing harmonica, I listen to his album and what he recorded is so wonderful and fantanstic. I love his playing very well... He is not just master the harmonica technique but also his musical playing style... No matter what song he played, it is so touching and perfectly express with his golden harmonica... One of the famous pieces is Butterfly Lover, originaly written for violin. I never think of harmonica can play this song and sounds so nice..... I was so excited and hope to watch his live performance, and finally I have a chance to watch his live concert...

That is his solo concert, without any others guess performer.... he played a lot of master pieces such as L.V. Beethoven, Pablo de Sarasate, George Enesco and some of the chinese folk song.... I love the Jota Navarra by Pablo de Sarasate very much. Although song originaly written for violin, but when I heard he played this song, it's sounds like specially written for harmonica.... He played so well in double notes and this song almost 80% is double notes. It is a waltz dance song.... When I heard it, you really will feel like dancing..... I hope he can have more and more concert coming in the future... and can let more people know that harmonica is a very fantastic instrumnet......

I have took photos with him after his concert, he is very nice and honest person... I hope that in the future stil can listen to his Butterfly Lover in live concert......

That is Mr Yew, he is so nice and kindest.......

That is his daugther, Miss Yew Jia Ling. His daugther use to accompany him in all his album as well as live performance.... Her playing also very nice.... very musical.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi
I was looking for info on Yew Hong Jen on the net when I saw your blog. Would you be able to email me Yew's photo for the Singapore Book of Records.

Ong Eng Huat
info@singaporebookofrecords.com