Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Korea 2000

This is the first time I travel to others asia country.... South Korea... This country have a lot of beautiful girl and handsome guy as you can see it in all the korean movie...

This is Korea airport, Kimpo international airport.

The 1st place that we going to visit in Korea is "Blue House" it same as the "White House" in US. At the front gate and along the road, there is a lot of security guard standing there... and all of them are Tae Kwon Do 4 Tan and above....Unfortunetely we can not take any picture when we are there.... and we just can sit in the bus and look at the "Blue House".My friend (Black Pearl) his hand holding a camera when the bus driving out from the Blue House.Suddenly the security guard stop our bus, and say someone in the bus try to take picture from the bus.... Wah!!! so straight, but I believe my friend just holding the camera only, not taking picture, because when we came back from Korea,I didn't saw any Blue House photo in that camera.So we all said we didn't take any picture.. and finally the security guard let us go... sigh..... so serious....


I can not remember where is this place, but I think after we pass the Blue House, there is another corner for us to take photo, but I can not remember the name of this place.....


The second place we are going to visit was National Folk Museum... , you can see a lot of big and beautiful house, and the structure of the house is very special.Because there is a space they use to put charcoal inside and burn it. Because as the tour guild said, last time weather is very cool and they burn charcoal to keep their house warm.. Amazing....


The red arrow there is the place to put charcoal inside and burn it.As you can see on top of the house there is a board writing "交泰殿"the purpose of this house is for the King and Queen mating. Is so big...... can play football inside.....



I can not remember the purpose of this place, this is "康宁殿". I think mostly is King bedroom...

After we have visit the National Folk Museum, we move out to have our lunch, this is the place that we took our lunch, you can see there has a lot of Ginseng there, and they put ginseng inside the rice and soup.Emmm....So delicious....


Beside that, I can't remember which day, but when you are going to visit South Korea, I think this place you woudn't miss it. It is "Lote World". The whole building is like a small disney land... as you can see in the photo.



This is the picture took from Lote World, and left hand side is the entrance....


This is inside the Lote World, is like a small Disney Land, you can have fun inside this world...

If you are going for this, I will highly recommend you to go for the roller coaster, is not very long for a ride, but is damn high speed... after I have try on it, my hair all standing like a lion.. hahahha....


Beside that, they will have a marching team and dancing team perform at the entrance...


The second recomanded games is the water adventure, you will feel like a adventure in a jungle... but too bad, I have told some photos when I go for this game, but it's not very clear because you will sit in a things like a big ballon,and then you will spint around, and you will get wet on your body when you come out....


The 3rd game, is damn scary,I didn't try it, but for those who really can stand for it.. just do it... this game you also can get it in genting highland, I can't remember what is the name for this game... but roughly I can describe it. You sit on the chair and then the machine will raised up until the top and then the machine will keep spining when drop down... Waw, I can't stand for this... because it is 100 feet from the land.. very high.....

A fews things I am not so get use to it in Korea, 1st. Food. I don't know is it because of we travel with tour so that almost everyday we got the same foods on the table.... When the 1st day we reach, Korea food for us is so exciting, got Kim Chee,Pork, and so on.... and then after 3 days, I'm not get use to it, because everyday on the table almost the same dishes,sour spicy kim chee sure will appear, and then pork.... hai.... it seem like Korean don't have much choice or idea on food.But on the second day, we have try on the BBQ style in a small restaurant,that's taste good,is just like our BBQ here, just the different is, instead of grill chicken wing and hot dog, they use pork... very delicious,and if you keep grill the pork, it will become "Cha Siu" hahaha... and then you need to use the vegetable to cover it then only eat it.Highly recommend food...

Here is the place that we have the grill pork foods, you can see there is a hole in the middle of the table, the purpose of this hole is to put in charcoal to grill the pork.....


The 2nd things is, the chopstick. all the chopstick over there is make by steel, no plastic, no wood.I asked the tour guild about this, and he said because in Korea country is full of steel, even they built the brigde 80% and above also using steel. I got bite on the chopstick, damn painfull... hehehe.....


Beside that, we also have try their steamboat, actually almost the same things in Malaysia... but here's more choices.... You know,eat steamboat sure the soup and food is going to be hot,and you can't holding the chopstick for long, because it make by steel, and steel is very easy get hot while you try to take food.... hai...... it seems that steel chopstick is not so convenience....

3rd things.. most of the Korean don't speak english,if you go out to get food alone, it very hard to get. Why??? 1st. the sign board didn't show any food picture, all you got is the square text, eventhough you find it,but you hard to order food, because all the menu don't have picture, just have square text.... Luckly we follow by tour.... so that we don't have to worry about it, but almost got the same dishes everyday.... kimchee kimchee kimchee kimchee kimchee kimchee.......

This is the place that we have our grill pork, if you don't know how to read korean words, how you know this is a restaurant, and I have another picture to proof that....

This is also a restaurant...


I have learn a few Korea words during my trip... and I found out that, korea language is like a mixing of Cantonese, Hakka, and Hokkien.... why i say so?? for example : "How much" in korean it sounds like cantonese, the actual pronounsation is "Er Ma A Yo" but you can directly translate it into cantonese "爱买野无" "Oi Mai Yeh Mou" hahaha... I have try on this words "Oi Mai Yeh Mou" and is work.... hahaha.... and then "How are you doing?" korean will be "An Yong Ha Sei Yo" it sounds like Hakka, "An Yong Hak Si Hoi O". Beside that, in cantonese words "报纸" and "杂志" can not simply say.Because both of this words is human sex organ...



Most of the day we spend all the time in the Olympia Hotel, because the Harmonica festival is in the hotel ballroom.This is photo is taken when I am playing on the stage... very nevest when I playing on the stage...

He is my pianist, Mr. Loo Bang Hean, very good pianist...

This photos is taken during the closing ceremory and presentation awards... I won 1st runner up in chromatic solo open category.


The one who present award to me is from Hong Kong, Mr. Ho Pak Cheong, he's also one of the judge in my category.

I met Teruhisa Mano in Korea, this time he gave me another present.That's Tombo Ultimo (Blues Harp) very good harmonica and sound very powerful.

He is my teacher, we met each other in Korea and we took part in the same category.He willing to share all the technique and knowledge with me.I am so surprised that he know how to talk mandarin, that's the main reason I can understand when he tough me.




The guy who stand in the middle is Mr. Jens Bunge from Germany. He play jazz music on chromatic harmonica.

The one who stand in the middle is Mr. Jean Labre from France.

The 2 guys who wearing black coat and pink shirt is a harmonica group from Japan. Their group name is "Triple Rock". In this harmonica festival, the won champion in trio category.


Is so fast, one week has past and we all in Kimpo airport and get ready come back to Malaysia..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To the Point blog post. As a born and bred Chi I support this and all things chicago. I am a Chef in a restaurant and I hope more people in these tough economic times come out to restaurants in Chicago. Check out [url=]http://friendseat.com/chicago[/url] or[url=]http://chicagorestaurants.com/[/url] and support your locale place.