Thursday, August 27, 2009

The First Harmonica Class of My....

Continue to the First Harmonica Chromatic Harmonica of My, Me and my friend went to the class room, and I saw there are a lot of student are playing harmonica, all of them are senior, around 30 plus people. For new student is around 30 to 40 student also. I am one of them.

The senior are conducting the classes when teacher haven't come in, and I feel that is very cool, because they looks very professional and great. After awhile, the harmonica teacher come to the class, and that is my first harmonica teacher. Mr. Chan Kit Yip. I have 2 harmonica teacher from teaching me started and advanced.The others harmonica teacher is Mr. Lee Nam Sou. Both of my teacher are very good teacher, they have very good knowledge on how to guide student on playing skill and technique.

After awhile, we were separate into 2 class, all the new student in one group. I remember that Mr. Chan has told us, actually harmonica is a very good instrument, because it is very easy to play. Beside that, harmonica is the only instrument that have blow and draw note, there is no others instrument have draw note. All the woodwind instrument in orchestra only got blowing note. So when you play harmonica, is just like you taking breath, and is very good for body health. For example, when you playing slow song, there is many long note and keep you holding it, and this process will help you to hold your breath deep down, and if you playing fast song, you will sweat after you have finished playing that fast song. Because the fast note make you blow and draw the note like taking fast breath after jogging. So overall, it helps to your body blood circulation.

I am feel amaze that just a little small instrument like this can have so many good point when you playing on it. So I take up my chromatic harmonica and start to learn. Mr. Chan told us, if you play harmonica, you can't see all the holes when you playing on it. All you need to do is just practice and feel it between each of the note, the distance. For this chromatic harmonica, in hole number 9, is C note. C major "C, E,G" is all blow note, and D minor 6 "D,F,A,B" is all draw note. So if you want to play a C major scale 【Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do'】it will become 【blow, draw,blow,draw,blow,draw,draw,blow】La and Ti also draw note.

When I start play on it, I feel that harmonica is so easy learn, the first class I have learn 3 note, Do, Re, Me and I also have learn some simple song. "Mary Had a little Lamp","Guess coming". I am so excited. Hahahaha..... My first impression on harmonica, I feel that harmonica sounds beautiful, easy to carry with, easy to learn, and good for health. That's how I fall in love with this instrument. After that, when I went back to my home, I keep on practicing all the song that I have learn from school. My parent hear it and they have gave me so comment,"Why not you just stop it?? because you sounds not good at all". I pretend didn't hear it and keep on enjoy myself. Hahahaha......

The second class, I have learn 1 octave note, so the variety of song is much more can be play. Mr. Chan teach us 【Do Re Me】from the sound of music.【Twinkle Twinkle little star】,【Little Bees】,【Jingle Bells】and so on..... After 3 month, from the beginning there are 30 to 40 new student, it become 10 student are remaining in the class. My friend who was encourage me to join harmonica club, he also quick and join some others club. That's funny, he was so interested on it and keep on encourage me to join but he just join for 2 weeks only.

I also have learn something beside harmonica lesson, no matter what instrument you are learning. You need to have "Patient" ,"Passion" and "Persevere" on it. Then only you can keep on growing up. The instrument is not hard to play and learn, the hardest things is you don't have those 3 'P"I mention above.

1 comment:

aboozar said...

hey man , keep it .... :) enjoying